20 Sep Blackberry and Apple Muffins
Blackberry and Apple Muffins
Seasonal, low sugar muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 300 g Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 200 g Plain Natural Yoghurt
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 60 ml Milk Dairy or Plant
- 150 ml Olive Oil
- 220 g Blackberries Fresh or frozen
- 1 Apple Peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 190º (fan) and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl combine the yoghurt, eggs, milk and oil. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the blackberries and apple and gently mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until you have a thick batter.
- Divide the batter between the paper cases - don't worry if it comes right to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- These will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container but they freeze really well too.