06 May Chickpea Brownies
A healthier version but still gooey in the middle
- Food Processor
- 50 g Porridge Oats
- 100 g Nut Butter (peanut/almond/cashew)
- 1 tin Chickpeas (drained)
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 100 g Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3-4 tbsp Milk (dairy or plant)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Dark choc chips/coconut/nuts (optional toppings)
- Preheat your oven to 180º / gas mark 4
- Put the oats into your food processor and blitz to a fine powder
- Add the chickpeas to the food processor and blitz again
- Add all the other ingredients except the milk and blitz until a batter is formed
- If the batter is a little dry add some milk little by little. You are aiming for a thick cake batter.
- Scrape the mixture into a lined baking tin and spread evenly
- Top with dark chocolate chips/walnuts/coconut or anything else you fancy.
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes until crunchy on top.
Chickpeas make these brownies incredibly moist whilst boosting the fibre and protein content and oats add further fibre and immune system priming beta-glucans.