09 Sep Lime, Coconut and Spinach Dhal
Lime, Coconut and Spinach Dhal
Easy, nutritious light lunch or great side dish
- Casserole dish with lid
- 280 g Chana Dhal Rinsed
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 2 Limes Juice and zest
- 600 ml Water
- 2 Onions Thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic Unpeeled
- 3-4 Handfuls Spinach
- Preheat the oven to 180º (fan) / 200 º
- Pour the lentils, coconut milk, water and turmeric into a large casserole dish with lid. Add the garlic and stir.
- Add the onions, drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle the cumin on top.
- Pop the lid on the dish and put it in the oven for 1 hour 30 mins by which time the lentils should be soft but still holding their shape.
- Remove from oven and add the spinach, let it wilt down in the heat of the dhal then stir through the lime juice and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.