23 May Nutty Satay Chicken Bites
Nutty Satay Chicken Bites
Easy chicken recipe to cook with your children.
- 4 Skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Crunchy Nut Butter (peanut or almond work well)
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime (juice only)
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 2 Spring Onions (sliced thinly)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 3 Carrots
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Preheat the oven to 180º / gas mark 4.
- Trim the chicken of any fatty bits or bone that may have been missed and then slice into strips roughly 5cm by 2cm.
- Put the chicken into a large bowl and set aside
- In another bowl mix together the soy sauce, nut butter, spring onion, garlic, curry powder and lime juice. It will create a thick paste. Now start to add a little water and mix again. Repeat this until you have a thick smooth sauce that you can pour.
- Pour half of this sauce over the chicken strips and mix well to coat them.
- Set the other half of the sauce aside - this will be your dipping sauce for the cooked chicken.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay the chicken strips on it. Pop in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (cut into the biggest piece to check it is white all the way through). Discard any sauce that is left in the chicken bowl.
- While your chicken is cooking use a speed peeler to slice thin ribbons of carrot and cucumber. Put these in a bowl and toss with a little olive oil and some sesame seeds.
- Serve the chicken stripes with the salad and the extra dipping sauce. It is great with some soba noodles too.
This Real Food Rebels Cook-a-Long recipe is one for the whole family - quick and simple to put together and a favourite in my household. Its an easy healthy way to move children away from breaded chicken and start them on an easy salad too.